The Aquitainian Cluster [Critic wanted]

Fanwork, Fanfiction & Fanart

The Aquitainian Cluster [Critic wanted]

by Zekrish Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:12 am

So I made a map for my upcoming campaign of the Aquitaine cluster on the eastern shore of the Garonne. The basic idea is that all major roads and the large bridge to the Core are straight (since they were drawn by HUGE nerds) while the rest of the city grew up organically around them. The Core is built of old shiphulls and other nautical debris with a defensive circle of concrete wave breakers (The teeth.) Before anyone can enter the city they pass by one of the two Spitalian checkpoints where goods and scraps are inspected for heavy spore infestation (cause lets face it most stuff that is dragged from the ground these days is infested in some way.) Following the main road you reach the huge appraiser halls overseen by chroniclers and hired scrappers. All under the watchful eye of Hellvetic mercenaries. Next to the appraiser halls lies the Golden Square; the high end district of the city where artifacts and high quality crafts change hand.

To the south lies the main harbor and the foundry district where low quality scraps are smelted to bars and sheets and then exported or used for construction. To the north lies a smaller port and the quarters of the Clans and the Anabaptists that call the city their home. Here you can also find nests of apocalyptic and and array of taverns and lesser craftsmen. Most of the people here either work on the fields outside of the city, as fishermen or as a manual labor force. So what do you think?

Needless to say the official maps have been a huge inspiration.
Bit

Re: The Aquitainian Cluster [Critic wanted]

by Yak_Forger Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:11 pm
The image is down, do you think you can host it somewhere else? Because what you're telling sounds great and I'd like to see it! Especially since I was working on something that isn't far away from where your events take place, near what used to be the Côte d'Azur, among the ruins of the golden age of a long extinct civilization: beaches that would have been beautiful if not for the pollution, the remains of an undescriptible luxury in the form of something like these villas for sale in Nice, all of this now housing survivors and predators...
Bit

Sort By