[Forbidden Zone] Marauders and Sleepers

Clans, Psychonauts, Burn & Metaplot

[Forbidden Zone] Marauders and Sleepers

by TylerTheCanadian Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:57 pm
I was hoping that someone who has perhaps read the original Degenesis books could provide some insight into the Marauders and the Sleepers. I've read through the books but find that I could use some more information. Thank you :)
Bit

Re: Regarding Marauders and Sleepers

by Marko Djurdjevic Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:01 pm
Hey Tyler.

Just pose your questions. I'm sure the community will be highly active to help you out. We have a full german Channel devoted to People, who are pondering over the goals of the Marauders, Sleepers and the Agenda of the Recombination Group.
Developer

by TylerTheCanadian Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:44 pm
My question would most likely be exactly what you just said, What are the goals of the Marauders and Sleepers? The Recombination Group?
Bit

by Kohlhaas Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:21 am
There are just elaborate guesses right now.
Maybe I'll have time tomorrow to translate the gist of the different theories.
I'm a consumer whore! And how!
Mediator

by Clavion Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:50 am
The Recombination Groups goal is to rebuild society, at least that's what they were told. All of them are highly specialized members with a unique set of skills. Social engineers are probably the most important ones. They infiltrate cities and villages and try to use their knowledge of psychology to achieve their goals. But there seems to be a splinter cell inside the group. Maybe people who know even more about "the big plan".

Marauders were the first of their kind. Unfortunately, there's not much information about them. Some letters point towards the fact, that most marauders are former high members of the RG. Many of them are scarred due to their lack of fresh nanites.

There's probably more to come ;)
Mediator

by TylerTheCanadian Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:27 am
Thank you, this has given me a more clear insight. Any other input is welcome :)
Bit

by CEBedford Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:50 am
Reading these posts makes me super happy that my books finally get here tomorrow! I can't wait to join the discussions.
Bit

by Atreju Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:32 am
It seems that the marauders where some high rank RG members. Therefore, they know about the "big plan", as Clavion said, but it seems they don't want to follow it anymore. Often they use the name of the project they worked at in former RG times, but some still use their own name.

The following marauders are known (thanks to Kiky):

Argyre: He rules in Britain and has a device that helps him to control sleepers. He visited the Spital with Aspera and Gusev after the Eshaton and listens to the signal from Balkhan. He was a researcher in cryotechnologie and had his doubts about the memetic research of Gerome Getrell, because he wasn't sure about the effectiveness of the memetic conditioning and the influence of cryosleep. Maybe he went into memetics after a RG congress where this topic was introduced.

Aries: Fougth in the Adria side by side with the Jehammedans, he formed the caste of Arianoi and his base is Kreta.

Aspera: Formerly known as Christine Aspersen/Asperson, she was involved in the building of the space station ("Per aspera ad astra" was her famous quote) and a former engineer. She helped the Spitalians with their neopren suits and Splayers. Sometimes she helps the Chroniclers (killing sleepers in their ranks), sometimes she attacks them. She lost a leg due to a lack of nanites.

Chernobog: lives in eastern Borca, and many local legends from before and after the Eshaton culminated in his person. Either he acted like those figures, or they were based on his actions. He uses Corresponders to communicate with the Clanners and they provide him with (hallucinogetic?) plants. He reacted to the signal from Sofia, led thousands of Clanners right towards it, destroyed Praha and marches through the Balkhan.

Icebreaker: Visits the Spitalians in Danzig once a year, asks about the research about the Primer and repairs Splayers.

Gusev: worked as a botanist at the RG and infected himself in the Spital with HIVE, right after the Eshaton, but fled from quarantine. He helped with the Splayers as well, and the cold resistant wheat in the Rain region is his doing. At least one of the 44 lost bunkers is named after him (number 12).

Triglaw: the Three-headed is worshipped as a god of a horse-oracle in northern Borca. He often enters the Hellvetic's fortress or visits Laibach. He probably gave the asbest resistant armour to the Hellvetics and is dealing with Chroniclers as well.

Note: I'll eventually check again the names and terms after checking the english version. ;)
Last edited by Atreju on Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Streamer

by Stealthy Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:00 pm
Atreju wrote:("Per aspera ad astra" was her famous quote)

Quoting my favourite roman statesman Lucio Anneo Seneca, what a nice touch :D

By the way thanks a lot for the insight!!
Bit

by Ketzer Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:58 pm
Atreju gave a comprehensive insight into the Marauders, as far as facts are known.
Here´s some more about Sleepers:

Sleepers are/were especially trained members of ther Recombination Group. They were put to cryo-sleep before the Eshaton, programmed to awake in certain periods to perform certain tasks.
So there are the so called 100´s, 200´s, etc. (as for the number of years after the Eshaton they were to wake up from cryo-sleep)
Every member of one of those periods was trained in special ways of infiltrating and manipulating existing culture and civilization according to the plans of the RG.
[Tag 1:]
Etwas verwest in uns...Unter diesem dünnen Lack aus Anstand, Moral und Zivilisation gärt abgestandenes Menschsein. Und wenn die Membran reißt wird die Welt ertrinken in einem Meer aus Blut, Tränen und Pisse!
Streamer

by TylerTheCanadian Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:25 am
Wow, this has been quite helpful! Thanks to all those who answered.
Bit

by Sam Graves Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:21 am
Possible spoilers.

Is Aries supposed to be Jehammed returned? There are a few hints at this in the books, as well as the downloads page, and it wouldn't be a huge stretch to believe he survived Eshaton, and traveled to Crete from Mecca.

"I have returned to protect you 'til the end of time." sounds pretty damn certain, but he might've been speaking metaphorically.
Bit

by Gregor Kieselbach Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:36 am
Sam Graves wrote:Possible spoilers.

Is Aries supposed to be Jehammed returned? There are a few hints at this in the books, as well as the downloads page, and it wouldn't be a huge stretch to believe he survived Eshaton, and traveled to Crete from Mecca.

"I have returned to protect you 'til the end of time." sounds pretty damn certain, but he might've been speaking metaphorically.

It's not definite. However there are likewise speculations at the German Forums. :D
Wenn ihr Fragen vor allem bezüglich irgendwelcher Regelunklarheiten habt, wäre es schön, wenn ihr zuerst die Suche benutzen könntet.
Und falls ihr eure eigenen Posts nicht wiederfindet, gibt es oben den Reiter Posts zur Anzeige der eigenen Beiträge! :D
Supporter

Re: [Forbidden Zone] Marauders and Sleepers

by mike1969 Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:28 pm
I was wondering about the "wretched hag" legend in Pollen. The description of her leads me to believe she may also be a marauder.
Bit

Re: [Forbidden Zone] Marauders and Sleepers

by Cyrano Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:05 pm
mike1969 wrote:I was wondering about the "wretched hag" legend in Pollen. The description of her leads me to believe she may also be a marauder.

A reply to that would closely resemble the one that Ba-Kan gave Sam Graves above. :D
Agent

Sort By