Arianoi in Black Atlantic

Clans, Psychonauts, Burn & Metaplot

Arianoi in Black Atlantic

by Renegado Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:25 am
So, the situation is that my group will soon play Black Atlantic and, they have one Aries Blood in the Pack. The part of Ganaress and the Leviathan Chakra will be easy, as the Argyre part. The conflict will appear when they face Ifrit. I'm doubting between ''disconnect'' the Arianoi in my group (the helmet emmits some pattern of light and she vanishes), controlling her (same) or something.
Or maybe the group just hands Ifrit the star.
Any Idea?
Bit

Re: Arianoi in Black Atlantic

by kleffe Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:03 pm
Hopefully, I'm not too late with this reply. There really is no easy answer to that question, and this reply will contain spoilers for Black Atlantic (directed to all the nosey players out there;)). However, considering that the exact same thing happened to me and my group of players , I have some advice for you.
One of my players was also playing an experienced Arianoi, and I was pondering how to tackle the conflict of interest towards Ifrit. We created his character before BA was released, so the specifics of how the Arianoi were connected to Aries weren't clear by then. Even now, I'm not sure if all Arianoi are really controlled by Aries to the same degree as Ifrit is, or if it is just the avatars. Maybe there is some leeway in that interpretation.
Regardless, I restructured the entire adventure so we had three main segments within BA. Towards the end, I let the players decide if they wanted to pursue the Helios storyline or the Black Water storyline. Regardless in what order they chose, the two parts were comepletly separate from eachother (this way they had more options to rest and heal between the segments, since the last third of BA is absolute murder). When they had dealt with both Helios and the Moloch, I planned it so that in whatever order they completed it they always encountered Ifrit last in the entire BA campaign (in the same place: among the megaliths). In my opinion, all three of the major bosses in BA work as a finale, and Ifrit was my favorite no less.
Thus, whatever moral choices my Arianoi-player may have considered, I made sure it all happened absolutely last in the campaign. This way, it was a possibility for the group to fight amongst themselves, or give Ifrit Jehammed's Star, or whatever, without derailing the entire campaign. In this case, the Arianoi-player stayed true to the other players , because his character saw how mindless Aries made Ifrit. Plus, Ifirt/Aries had indiscriminately attacked them all before at the dam, so they didn't feel very diplomatic.
Addmitedly, this wasn't exactly an easy solution, but all Degenesis-modules require quite some planning, string-pulling, and imrpovisation from the GM, and BA was no exception. For instance, both Arnika and Dr. Vega survived in our version, and because of this both of them helped the group survive. My players truly went their own way, and I'm very happy how it all turned out in the end.
I know this was a lengthy response, but I really loved playing BA, and I hope this helped you at least in some way.
Bit

Sort By